Mattel: Hurricane Hordak and Leech - CARDED

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Hurricane Hordak and Leech - CARDED

New MOTU Classics for September...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyDorks.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, BlackOpsToys.com, 4-LeafToys.com, and Sekaido.com.

For an amazing selection of original sculptures, statues, prints and DVDs be sure to check out ShiflettBrothers.com.

Mattel provides a carded look at two new Masters of the Universe Classics: Hurricane Hordak and Leech. Fans can look forward to these new characters this September.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1motucLEECH.jpg 
Views:	2069 
Size:	348.6 KB 
ID:	19996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1motucHURRICANEHORDAK.jpg 
Views:	2499 
Size:	364.9 KB 
ID:	19997  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down Re: Hurricane Hordak and Leech - CARDED

I wish Mattel would give Club Eternia members the option to opt out of getting the toys that look like really clunky uber-retro 80s pieces of junk like this Leech and the King Hiss from a few months ago.

When I compare this piece of garbage to the PERFECT Leech staction from a few years ago it just makes me shake my head in disgust at the way I am forced to WASTE my money on something I DO NOT WANT.

Make the MOTUC line more like the sculpts in the staction line Mattel. If I wanted garbage retro toys from the 80s I'd just go out and buy the originals.

And I also don't need another Hordak. Why don't you make him the SDCC exclusive and let me get my Queen Marlena without all the hassle and added expense!

Re: Hurricane Hordak and Leech - CARDED

But not to be completely negative here, I also wanna say how much I LOVE my new Catra fig!!!

This is the fig of her I have been dreaming of for decades!

You really hit it out of the ballpark with this one Mattel. Great Work!

So I like more realism like this and less faithfulness to the deformed and flawed 80s originals.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Hurricane Hordak and Leech - CARDED

If you're going to do another Hordak, I'd prefer one with a cannon arm or maybe his rocket form, not a rehash of a crappy 80s action feature like this.

Or how about something really cool like a Hordak's throne diorama?

I'm not reliving any "childhood nostaligia" for the original line and I don't want a rehash of its cheesier aspects. I want a continuation of the kickassed realism of the staction line!
    Last edited by S'laargorath; 06-29-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Hurricane Hordak and Leech - CARDED

Panthor was excellent too, especially that cool new helmet -- which had nothing to do with the 80s line.

It's the outstanding figs like Panthor and Catra and Vikor that make the club subscription worthwhile in spite of the 80s-style clunkers like King Hiss and now Leech. (You just know I am gonna be squawking again if/when you put out that pitiful excuse for a Clawful too ).
    Last edited by S'laargorath; 06-29-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.