Square Enix: New Halo: Combat Evolved Play Arts Kai

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

New Halo: Combat Evolved Play Arts Kai

Master Chief and Spartan Mark V (Black) celebrate Halo's 10th anniversary...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

For a great selection of video game action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyWiz.com, ToyDorks.com, and Sekaido.com.

For an amazing selection of original sculptures, statues, prints and DVDs be sure to check out ShiflettBrothers.com.

In commemoration of the tenth anniversary of the HALO franchise, Square Enix will expand their HALO Play Arts Kai action figure line. HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED PLAY ARTS –KAI– MASTER CHIEF (Envisioned by Square Enix Products) is an original take on Master Chief based on the character from Halo: Combat Evolved. In addition to Master Chief, Square Enix is scheduled to also release a limited edition SPARTAN MARK V (Black). Both figures are slated for a late 2011 release. Each figure will carry a SRP of $54.99.

The figures will debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (booth 1649), taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 7–9, 2011.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg"]HALO 4[/ame]

In related news, it was announced today that HALO 4 is set for release in 2012. The game once again returns Master Chief, the battered supersoldier awakening from cryonic sleep as seen at the end of HALO 3. Microsoft states that HALO 4 will be part of an all-new trilogy.

Source: halo.xbox.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1squareenixmaster-chief.jpg 
Views:	12569 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	19395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1squareenixspartan-mark-v-black.jpg 
Views:	6395 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	19396  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: New Halo: Combat Evolved Play Arts Kai

Master chief is a great character and I may pick this up as my first Play Arts Kai figure. Regarding the news of a Halo 4, it doesn't surprise me. I knew that even though Halo Reach marked the end of Bungie making the Halo games I knew another company would pick up the title and attempt to milk it for every penny and I can bet they won't do as good a job as Bungie at all, just like Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and Terminator salvation actually, all these franchises making a fourth release after the original trilogy and promising yet another trilogy because the first trilogy did so well they think they can just milk the franchise dry, inevitably ruining everything.

Halo Reach should have marked the END of the entire halo franchise and it will be sad to see the Halo franchise fall when Halo 4 is released. Anyway I also hear they are doing a HD remake of the first Halo which I am much more excited to hear about as halo 1 was the best of all the games for me.

Wow, this is the first time ever that I really really don't like the look of a Play Arts figure. I guess they went for some kind of odd hybrid of the different Mjolnir suits, but that just looks awful. Like some teenager tried to photoshop a picture of Master Chief into a Gundam.

Tiny visor, way way too thin, not Master Chief by any account. Not even a good try, in my opinion. Too bad, I could probably afford ONE good Kai Halo figure, hopefully they make an Arbiter that doesn't look like Godzilla.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, not sure why they choose to go with an "original take" on Master Chief instead of just releasing THE Master Chief, say, from Halo 3. I'm all for experimentation AFTER doing the core characters as they appeared in the game. I'll need more photos/ close up look to fully judge, but it does appear odd looking at a glance. Plus, and no disrespect to MC, his design comes across extremely weak now when compared to Halo:Reach's more radical armor designs.

This is even worse than the minor complaints I had with Jorge from them, they just don't do bulk well. Everyone is too thin and a little fem, but in this instance, its REALLY bad... I hope they see the general reaction to him and retool him because that's a very very easy pass right now.

EDIT: I was just talking to my friend who works in SE's PR dept here in LA, she said its awesome in person. I hope so... :/
    Last edited by mephisto1138; 06-07-2011 at 10:13 AM.

halo 4's developer 343's creative director O'Connor was formerly of Bungie, so hopefully he's worked on the past games (I'd assume so?) and will guide this new trilogy into some good territory. I know a few of my friends that have read all the Halo novels have a good idea what that thing is at the end of the trailer, and if its what they're hoping for, the game should be pretty awesome.

I wonder if they plan on doing an ODST figure?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.