What's that stinky smell?

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

What's that stinky smell?

I ask because I finally got some Planet Terror merchandise and a percular problem that seems to happen with one brand of merchandise.. That brand is NECA...

I finally got my Planet Terror figure of Cherry Darling and Dakota the blonde Doctor with a stash of coloured hypos she uses.

Anyway opened the plastic packaging and this strange smell like a chemical / inky / plastic kind of smell...

Do most of these things do that when you open them? it's kind of off putting at first but it seems only the NECA branded merchandise does this. I've got things from other movies too but they always have this funny kind of smell out of the packaging for the first few days..
    Last edited by Johninadelaide1967; 05-24-2011 at 09:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: What's that stinky smell?

That's loved by some, hated by others... New Toy Smell!

Quote Originally Posted by •ONEYE• View Post
    That's loved by some, hated by others... New Toy Smell!

But what causes it? Is it the plastic?

And great sig...

Disney are going to market Seal Team 6 merchandise for xmas True.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up Re: What's that stinky smell?

Quote Originally Posted by Johninadelaide1967 View Post
    But what causes it? Is it the plastic?

And great sig...
    That odor may be partly the paint applications, the materials used in making the figure, anything that may not have time to cure fully before going into the bubble or clamshell. Depending on your preferences, McFarlane figures in the clamshell packed one hell of a nasal assault. I've even had to "air out" my figures outside (in the shade) for a few days (wife didn't like the aroma (her word, smell).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by •ONEYE• View Post
    That odor may be partly the paint applications, the materials used in making the figure, anything that may not have time to cure fully before going into the bubble or clamshell. Depending on your preferences, McFarlane figures in the clamshell packed one hell of a nasal assault. I've even had to "air out" my figures outside (in the shade) for a few days (wife didn't like the aroma (her word, smell).

Thanks!
    Thanks for that thought it was something like that, just wasn't sure..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.