NECA: Iggy Pop 7" Action Figure - UPDATE

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Iggy Pop 7" Action Figure - UPDATE

The godfather of punk packaged...

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyDorks.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

As revealed with our Toy Fair coverage (see our story HERE), NECA was set to immortalize the godfather of punk as a collectible 7 inch scale action figure. Pictured is a look at the figure as it nears production in clam shell packaging. The influential musician will pack a microphone and display stand. Look for Iggy this June priced at a SRP of $17.99.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1IggyPopPACKAGED.jpg 
Views:	10089 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	18165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1IggyPopLOOSE.jpg 
Views:	2288 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	18166  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down Re: Iggy Pop 7" Action Figure - UPDATE

I apologize if I come across as negative but I don't understand how $hit like this sells. An Iggy Pop action figure? Seriously?
    I remember a few years ago a company called Accoutrements made figures of librarians and political icons in jest. It seems like what was once done as a joke has become a market standard.

Re: Iggy Pop 7" Action Figure - UPDATE

Iggy does have his legions of fans. Can't say I am one of them, but an action figure of Iggy seems reasonable to me. They don't call him the "godfather of punk" for nothing.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have to agree with blixx66, I have no idea how stuff like this sells either, but NECA have been doing figures based on music for a while such Iron Maiden. I'm sure the same thing was said when Figures were made of popular video game characters, 'Who would buy something from a video game?'. I'm sure there are plenty of crazy things figures have been based on and although this figure doesn't in any way appeal to me, it should appeal to someone or they wouldn't have manufactured it.

Not turning this into some drawn out debate, but I'm not sure what is not "to get" with a figure being made of Iggy. Iggy Pop - whether you like him or not - is a highly successful rock star with millions of fans. With that kind of status - SOMEONE is gonna buy this figure, simple as that. Sounds like the question is more like "Should it have been made?" Reading up about him on wikipedia - he is far from an angel with years of drug abuse. Even so, it doesn't negate the impact he made on the music scene. The guy is famous. Famous people sell collectibles.

I've been wanting a fig of Iggy for years. This is a dream come true for me. If his music's not for you then tough.

I've had to put up with endless Kiss, Metallica, Iron Maiden and other crap I'm not interested in for years too. Iggy's as much of a rock'n'roll legend as any of them.

This'll be the second music fig I buy after Joey Ramone. About time they made something else I like.

Movie, TV, video game and comic book figures sell so why not music? Mcfarlane, NECA, Hot Toys, etc. have been doing it for years. It's a different art medium and appeals to a somewhat different market.

Although I have no interest in these kinds of figures, I understand why they pursue these lines.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.