CARD BACK: McFarlane's TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES (2003)

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

McFarlane's TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES (2003)

The T-X: Terminator girls just want to have fun...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, ToyDorks.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Say what you will about how bad Terminator: Salvation was. The absolute worst Terminator movie in the franchise for me was Rise of the Machines. That's not to say the toys were all that bad. I picked up Todd's T-X Endoskeleton based purely on its interesting design. The fact that it's a female robot made it all that more appealing; the figure adding some nice diversity to my all-male Terminator display. With new original Terminator figures on the way this summer from NECA (the best film in the series, IMO), my collection will be complete, covering all the movies - good and bad.

MCFARLANE TOYS' TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES

>> CARDBACK ARCHIVE <<

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McFarlaneT3FRONT.JPG 
Views:	2304 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	18063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McFarlaneT3BACK.JPG 
Views:	6717 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	18064  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: McFarlane's TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES

This was a good line, I loved the box set the Arnold figure was super detailed and arguably the best they produced. The combination of blood, flesh, and metal is still fascinating to look at. That being said the other Arnolds were a pain because the grenade launcher was so flippin fragile and the coffin Arnold did not balance at all. My machine gun broke after he took a shelf dive. Plus the lack of articulation always kind of bugged me.

And I agree that T3 is the worst. It was just a pile of crap let's just leave it at that. And although many disagree with me I concur that T1 was better than T2. Yes the T-1000 is awesome and the effects are fantastic but imo Edward Furlong KILLED that movie for me. T1 may be low-budget but it is original, has great action and sci-fi elements, Arnold is the badass villian, and of course Michael Beihn.

Honestly I don't understand where all the hate for TS comes from. I mean there was no way it could have topped the first two but I thought it was decent.

Thumbs up Re: McFarlane's TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES

Totally agree with you on all accounts.

I personally enjoyed TS as well - great gritty feel to it. Could have had more Terminators in it (not the epic battle everyone anticipated), but it is what it is.

And yes, T2 is great eye-candy, but as is most often the case in sci-fi movies - kids can ruin the experience. I didn't like Newt in Aliens and couldn't stand young Conner in T2. Also didn't care for Arnold being a "good guy" either.

T1 all the way - raw and brutal. Started it all and remains a classic to this day. Plus Arnold just works soooo much better as a badguy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.