Sideshow: New Line of PREDATOR Collectibles Announced

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

New Line of PREDATOR Collectibles Announced

Masks based on the original designs of SFX artist Steve Wang...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, ToyDorks.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Sideshow Collectibles announces that they are collaborating with Special Makeup FX artist, creature designer, producer and director, Steve Wang on a new series of Predator masks. The masks will be based on Mr. Wang's original designs, including the one pictured above, the "Stalker".

Sideshow quotes Steve Wang commenting on the design:

I was always intrigued with exploring the Predator mythology further than the films have attempted to date, and one of many concepts that has always fascinated me was the notion of ‘the hunter becomes the hunted.’ The concept of the ‘Stalker’ was born from this basic idea. Taking cues from films like The Most Dangerous Game where human hunters hunt another human hunter, I thought it would be interesting to apply that to the Predator world.
    Further details on this new series are to be announced, but by the looks of it, Predator fans are in for a real treat.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1wangPREDuse.jpg 
Views:	3482 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	17916  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: New Line of PREDATOR Collectibles Announced

I'm guessing some of these might be SDCC exclusives.

Re: New Line of PREDATOR Collectibles Announced

I'm guessing some of these might be SDCC exclusives.
    Was thinking the same. Teaser shadow image HERE for those curious. While a smaller collectible size is cool, I do prefer the larger 1:1 scale masks. I'm hoping these Steve Wang masks are at least offered in both sizes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.