CS Moore Studios: Moore Teams with Playboy Cartoonist Doug Sneyd

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Moore Teams with Playboy Cartoonist Doug Sneyd

First-ever limited-edition statue based on Sneyd's work...

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyDorks.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Playboy magazine cartoonist Doug Sneyd has granted The CS Moore Studio the license to create the first-ever limited-edition collectible statue based on Sneyd's world famous work. Award-winning Sculptor Clayburn Moore, known for his masterful presentation of the female form, will collaborate with the artist on a 1/8 scale statue based on a never-before-published Sneyd mermaid cartoon.

Sneyd has been a cartoonist for Playboy magazine since 1964. For nearly 20 years, starting in the mid-60's, his "Doug Sneyd" and "Scoops" news cartoons appeared daily in newspapers across North America. His charmingly cheeky cartoons capture vivacious, gorgeous women in a manner that's always fresh and irresistibly lively.

As a special bonus, each Sneyd Mermaid Statue will include a Certificate of Authenticity featuring the cartoon. Suitable for framing, the certificate will be signed by both Sneyd and Moore.

"Doug Sneyd is one of the great cartoonists of our time," said Moore. "This is a dream come true and I couldn't be happier to be collaborating with Doug on this project."

"When I told a collector of my Playboy cartoon originals that I was working on a project with Clayburn Moore, he said, 'He's a fine sculptor. You're in good company, Doug,'" said Sneyd. "To be associated with a sculptor of Clay's caliber on an artistic endeavor is exciting; I know fans of our work will be anxious to see the finished art. It's a great opportunity for both of us."

The Sneyd Mermaid Statue is scheduled to ship in 3rd Quarter 2011.

Source: Edited CS Moore PR

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sneyd-girl.jpg 
Views:	2849 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	14904  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.