SPONSOR NEWS: That's My Face: The New Face of Action Figure Customization

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

That's My Face: The New Face of Action Figure Customization

Making personalized head sculpts a simple and affordable reality...

Actual That's My Face head sculpt on 12-inch action figures.

What could possibly be more amazing than owning an action figure that looks just like you? It is a fantasy many toy enthusiasts share, but rarely achieve, due to the vexing process to have it done. There is Realscan. However, the technology is typically reserved for industry pros; an expensive procedure requiring a physical person to scan. Traditional sculpting also exists, though the technique is time consuming, with finished results that often only “resemble” the subject.

That’s My Face (ThatsMyFace.com) is taking a new approach to custom head sculpts. Instead of using inconvenient physical 3D scanning or unreliable human sculptors, the company is leveraging state-of-the-art 3D technology to build head sculpts from photographs.

To get you started, That’s My Face lets you upload your photos and preview your head sculpt for free. The dream of having an action figure in your likeness is as easy as following 5 simple steps. The results are eerily lifelike.

What follows is testimonial from one satisfied customer:

The (head) sculpt came out perfect in all aspects. It is for a 1:6 figure of my late father, Vicente Diaz Sr. in his uniform (served in the U.S. Army WWII New Guinea Campaign, 1944 and Korean War, 1951). My mother and my family members could not believe the likeness! Brought a tear to my mom's eye when she saw him in uniform again. Beard effect was perfect. Skin tone perfect. Hair sculpt was just right! Service was fast, never a doubt about the product as it was clearly explained on your website. Quality material used, excellent fit on body type used (DID body). Fast follow up photos to check likenesses was appreciated.

Thank You,
    Vince Diaz Jr.
    Note that the source photo was of low quality, featured poor colors and was not fully aligned as specified in the That’s My Face photo guidelines. Better results can be achieved with proper photos. Still, this example clearly shows what That’s My Face can do given the source photo.

As a bizarre twist, it is even possible to change the ethnicity or gender of the person, or to age them.

Actual That's My Face head sculpt on 12-inch action figure.

That’s My Face offers several affordable options for owning your very own personalized head sculpt. Male and female heads begin at $99 and can be sized to fit many types of action figures, including 8-inch Megos and most 12-inch body types. A complete action figure package is also available. Starting at $129, collectors can choose from a wide range of outfits, from modern military to crime fighting superhero.

Whether it’s a dream action figure of yourself or a special gift for a loved one, That’s My Face makes personalized head sculpts a simple and affordable reality. Visit ThatsMyFace.com for full details.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FACEcyborghead.jpg 
Views:	5398 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	14096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FACEuse.jpg 
Views:	4767 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	14097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FACEuse2.jpg 
Views:	3816 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	14098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FACEuse3.jpg 
Views:	8543 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	14099  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: That's My Face: The New Face of Action Figure Customization

This sounds very cool!

I'd like to see how they do in 7" or 6" scale

Definitely a possibility for all those obscure people you've always wanted a fig of that there's no chance they'll ever make

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.