NECA: 1/4th Scale Classic PREDATOR Announced

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

1/4th Scale Classic PREDATOR Announced

Prepare yourself for the largest Predator figure ever made...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, ToyDorks.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

NECA surprises fans today with the announcement that they will be releasing a 1/4th scale Classic Predator action figure. Available in April 2011 priced at around $80, the towering action figure will be available in three seperate versions: Open Mouth, Closed Mouth and with Helmet. The beast will be packaged fully assembled with over 20 points of articulation and real body net. This is the definitive 1987 Predator.

Pre-orders are currently being accepted by BigBadToyStore.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1PredatorNECAHUGE.jpg 
Views:	5591 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	14095  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/4th Scale Classic PREDATOR Announced

Holy crap is this great news for Predator fans...awesome news...

Though I'm unsure of which version I prefer...
    "Until next time...have FUN with your figures!!"

Jess C. Horsley

Though I'm unsure of which version I prefer...
    Helmet for me! Though I have to say at this price point that it would have been nice to have all three heads included. I certainly don't have the dough to throw down on all three versions ($240). Luckily the helmeted look has always been my favorite

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd like 3!

this is great news but i have to agree with earlier poster- for the amount of money, all three heads should have been included. I love NECA but this is getting ridiculous, buying multiple figures that are identical except for one minor change- If I had to pick I would go for the helmeted one, or closed mouth. I love the open mouth but already have that face on my classic pred from predators.

I don't like this trend, but hey its a free market, they can do what ever they want. But if they are looking for feedback, just give us each head guys-

br()wnie

EDIT- looks like bigbadtoystore is offering up all three in one deal for $200, so you save $25 doing it that way-
    Last edited by brownieccad; 11-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Well, to be fair, NECA re-uses sculpts from time to time to stretch that tooling dollar, whereas Mattel uses the same mold for YEARS ahemDCUCahem and the price only goes UP. Way to go NECA for keeping costs down on us collectors I say

^ TOTALLY! lol

I do agree, all three heads should be included for the price point. Maybe Hot Toys has spoiled us, but really... 80 bucks should get me at least 2 heads (masked and unmasked).

I'm leaning towards open mouth, just because my favorite Predator moment ever has always been the roaring bit towards the end of the first one, but that mask is always going to be one of the most bad *** looking and iconic designs in film history. We're getting closed mouth in the Alien/Predator TRU 2 pack, so hopefully I'm fulfilled with having just that one. I really can't buy all three of these. Its not even so much the money as just the ridiculousness of displaying three preds, all the same except for the heads, in what will already be a strikingly stand out piece on my shelves.

If they can compromise, I'd say give us the two heads, one masked, one not. Maybe make the two unmasked heads randomly packed.
    Last edited by mephisto1138; 11-25-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.