REVIEW: DONALD DUCK - Medicom Vinyl Collectible Doll

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

DONALD DUCK - Medicom Vinyl Collectible Doll

A must-have for serious Disney fans...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Donald Duck is my favorite Disney character. There. I’ve said it. Exposed myself to the whole interwebs community. But then again, I’m pretty much a fan of all Disney characters, having amassed quite a collection of Medicom Vinyl Collectible Dolls already. But this one... this is Donald Duck! And, it’s about bloody time, too.

Medicom Toy of Japan is one of those toy companies that rarely disappoints and Donald Duck is bar-none one of their best Disney dolls to date. And no, I’m not being biased. This collectible really is quite impressive. I’ve shown this to a friend who doesn’t buy a lot of toys but does consider Donald to be a favorite as well and he said “Wow, I would actually buy that.”

And with that said, Sideshow Collectibles has made this possible for many fans, selling many of Medicom’s other dolls already. Unfortunately at the time of this writing (shortly after I ordered mine more likely), Donald Duck is sold out. But I still wanted to spread the word about this piece anyhow.

Packaging is simple: Cardboard box with windows and product photography on the back. There is a spelling error where it says "Warnig!" Instead of "Warning!" but that’s a minor tiff. There’s a plastic tray that encases Donald in the center, making sure he’s the furthest from being damaged if it were to be dropped.

Out of the box, Donald is 7” tall and very light. He won’t break if you drop him but I wouldn’t recommend doing that to such a nice collectible. Paint is very clean and the sculpt is superb. The disgruntled expression and folded arm stance captures the character to a T. Definitely one of my favorite collectibles of the year, and that’s no hard feat!

If you’re an absolute Donald fan as I am, you owe it to yourself to add this to your collection. Though it’s more difficult now since it’s on Sideshow's Wait-List, find a way. I’d also recommend keeping an eye on the Disney Store website as they carry a small assortment of Medicom dolls. Donald’s not on there right now but you never know.

Review and Photography by David Yeh

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_01.jpg 
Views:	3220 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	13502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_02.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	13503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_03.jpg 
Views:	2954 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	13504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_04.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	13505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_05.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	13506  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_06.jpg 
Views:	3884 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	13507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_07.jpg 
Views:	14641 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	13508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_09.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	13509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_10.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	13510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_11.jpg 
Views:	9159 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	13511  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_16.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	13512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_18.jpg 
Views:	2880 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	13513  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.