REVIEW: Artist's Anatomy Male Anatomy Model

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Artist's Anatomy Male Anatomy Model

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo da Vinci

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Way before Al Gore invented the Internet and the world collaborated on Wikipedia, households used to find knowledge in encyclopedias. Arranged in alphabetical order from "Apple" to "Zebra", the large, heavy sets of paperbound books endlessly fascinated me as a young child with their pictures. More specifically, it was the mesmerizing anatomical cross sections that captivated me; frogs, insects, and humans. Although I didn't grow up to become a doctor, the impact those transparent overlays had on me as a kid carried with me into my adult life.

That said, when I received news of an upcoming 1:6th scale Male Anatomy Model from Artist's Anatomy (read our story HERE), I was instantly intrigued. Not your typical figure collectible, the Male Anatomy Model isn't licensed or meant to be played with in the traditional sense of a toy. The sculpture is instead a fascinating study of the human form, aimed at aspiring artists, sculptors, and educators. Of course, the Male Anatomy Model can also be enjoyed by those like myself that simply appreciate fine art. It is currently available for order through ArtistsAnatomy.com.

Packaging for the Male Anatomy Model is purely utilitarian; the brown cardboard box is designed simply to ship your sculpture safe and sound. A highly reflective "Artist's Anatomy" sticker acts as a seal of authenticity and "Made in the U.S.A." decals proudly proclaim the origin of this fine art. I couldn't help but smile broadly at the sight of this.

Inside collectors will find a colored postcard with some background on the piece, as well as tips for caring for your model. A nice touch. Wrapped carefully in layers of bubble wrap is the model itself, complete with display base, detachable arms and optional genitalia. More details on both later on.

The artist behind this stunning sculpture is a modest man who would much prefer the piece speak for itself. As an artist myself, I respect that trait. I will just say its someone respected in the action figure industry and that you probably already own a few toys sculpted by him. However, monsters and fantasy heroes this is not; the Male Anatomy Model is a passionate project of realistic proportions. In true 1:6th scale, the model stands 12 inches tall and is cast from a strong resin. It's not a bone brittle resin like that used in most statues, but care should still be taken when handling the piece.

As mentioned previously, the model includes two removable arms for closer study, an "Artist's Anatomy" display base and optional genitalia. The latter was omitted from the piece for decency and can be applied by tacky tape or glue if so desired. The figure connects securely to the base via two steel rods, as do the two arms to the torso. Removing and attaching these pieces is a breeze, yet the fit is nice and snug. Other than the arms, the Male Anatomy Model is a static piece, meant to be observed rather than posed. I will state here that the pose chosen for this model is exceptionally dynamic; a powerful and immediate eye-grabber.

The other alluring quality of this statue is its insanely detailed sculpt. Every muscle is intricately carved out, a task that was clearly a labor of love. One can not help but admire the talent that went into making this model. It's hyper-realism at its finest. While I am not a trained physician (nor do I play one on TV), the muscular sculpt appears accurate and will no doubt benefit those that use it as a learning tool. As fine art, the Male Antomy Model is simply breathtaking.

To elevate the sculpt, the model is cast in a minimalistic grey. The monotone color scheme works in its raw simplicity, though I must confess that I'd rather see the model painted in more realistic tones of muscle red.

The Male Anatomy Model is a striking sculpture; a serious collectible for those with an eye for fine art or the desire to learn. Artist's Anatomy set out with a clear vision and have succeeded in delivering a model that speaks volumes about talent and dedication, art and ambition. The Male Anatomy Model is worthy of an encylopedia entry... and your collection.

The Male Anatomy Model is currently available for order through ArtistsAnatomy.com priced at $120 plus s&h. Wholesale and international orders inquire at info@artistsanatomy.com.

Review and Photos by Jeff Saylor

Review Sample Courtesy of Artist's Anatomy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AA2.jpg 
Views:	48078 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	13444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAbase.jpg 
Views:	995 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	13445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAbuild.jpg 
Views:	1225 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	13446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAbuild2.jpg 
Views:	1405 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	13447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose3.jpg 
Views:	1815 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	13448  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose4.jpg 
Views:	1275 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	13449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose5.jpg 
Views:	6688 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	13450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose6.jpg 
Views:	4451 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	13451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose7.jpg 
Views:	1423 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	13452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose10.jpg 
Views:	1431 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	13453  

Name:	1AAclose11.jpg 
Views:	1631 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	13454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose12.jpg 
Views:	1339 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	13455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose13.jpg 
Views:	1821 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	13456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAclose15.jpg 
Views:	1246 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	13457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAdetailhead.jpg 
Views:	1560 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	13458  

Name:	1AAend.jpg 
Views:	37582 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	13459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAfull4.jpg 
Views:	1556 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	13460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAfull5.jpg 
Views:	1661 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	13461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAfull6.jpg 
Views:	1482 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	13462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAfull7.jpg 
Views:	1254 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	13463  

Name:	1AAfull8.jpg 
Views:	5833 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	13464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAfull9.jpg 
Views:	1643 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	13465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAfull10.jpg 
Views:	1407 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	13466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AApack.jpg 
Views:	19538 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	13467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAtop.jpg 
Views:	28643 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	13468  

Name:	1AAuberclose.jpg 
Views:	27580 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	13469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAuberclose2.jpg 
Views:	24852 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	13470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAviews.jpg 
Views:	30742 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	13471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1PostCardFRONT.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	13472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1PostCardBACK.jpg 
Views:	17691 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	13473  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Artist's Anatomy Male Anatomy Model

Great references. But if you want more you can click here to find more anatomy references.
    Last edited by gauravvermacse; 05-02-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gauravvermacse View Post
    Great references. But if you want more you can click here to find more anatomy references.
    It's so helpful. Thank for your sharing.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Such a masterpiece - you can also check out if this works out I'm A Genius Human Body | Science toys – The Toy Room

<a href="https://emojihub.org">all emojis copy and paste</a> and other interesting symbols from emojicool. All available emojis are shown on a single page for easy selection and copying.

Thank you for sharing this information with Frisco and providing the opportunity to reflect on the intersection of art, education, and the human form.

The spacebar is the big straight secret at the end of the keyboard. Below you will certainly be able to compute and determine your typing rate performance with the space bar. The concept of the spacebar counter is essential: a timer and a maximum variety of clicks.

It is a masterpiece. It looks so realistic

Monkeytype is a free online typing practice website that offers a variety of typing tests and games to help improve your typing speed and accuracy. The website offers various typing exercises, including word, sentence, and paragraph typing tests, timed typing races, and typing games.

Thank you for sharing this reflective journey that bridges the past and the present, while highlighting the timeless beauty of anatomical exploration and the ever-evolving ways we seek and absorb knowledge. | Atlanta Drywall Contractors

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.