New product announcements for Marvel, GI Joe, Star Wars, more...

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Sideshow recently wrapped another round of "Ask Sideshow" Q&A. Below our highlights with numerous illuminating product reveals. Read on...

VIDEO GAMES

Any chance we will see anything from the video game “Dead Space”? An Isaac Clarke Premium Format, perhaps?

Isaac Clarke is currently sculpted (but not quite ready to be officially debuted), in a format that will match well with our Kratos.

MARVEL

When will we ever see a Phoenix (please make with surrounding flame base) and a Black Widow? Both are long overdue.

Absolutely yes, BW is getting some major love in 2011/2012, and Phoenix is definitely overdue.
Is there any chance Sideshow will re-make the Captain America or Thor statues?

Captain America and Thor will both see release in 2011 thanks to the new movie versions, and it’s very possible that we’ll return to both characters in comic form at a future date.
Is there a 1/4 scale Skaar, Son of Hulk, planned in the near future?

Yes, there is indeed a Skaar in the works – featuring the talents of Olivetti and Martin Canale.
I have a question about an idea I had for a Marvel Premium Format figure. Would it be possible, or are there any plans, to release an Archangel piece?

The X-Men are getting a lot of love this year, with Gambit, Wolverine, and the soon-to-be-revealed Rogue and Cyclops... and more. Angel/ Archangel is high on our list of ‘to-do’ characters, and the strong sales response to the existing X-Men Premium Formats reinforces the likelihood. But before he’ll see release in PF, Angel is getting some love in a 1:5 scale Comiquette form.

INDIANA JONES

You’ve indicated recently that you’ll be focusing on Temple of Doom-themed Indy items in the near future. Does that mean there’s a strong chance of getting a 1/6th scale Temple of Doom Indy in his torn shirt outfit? And in addition to that, how likely is it for you to ever produce a Short Round figure, given his smaller scale which would require a whole new body sculpt? Temple of Doom Indy can’t go anywhere without his trusty sidekick!

Okay, you may want to sit down for this… We have indeed started development work on a Short Round figure in 1:6 scale. We’ll be taking it slow, developing Indy, SR, and other TOD characters for release a little further down the road – but we have commitments...

STAR WARS

I understand Sideshow is going to produce the Scout Trooper from ‘Return of the Jedi’ in 1/6th scale. Any chance it will come with a speeder bike?

Yes, there is a VERY good chance that a Speederbike will be produced to pair with the Biker Scout figure in 1:6 scale. We have a couple other 1:6 scale ‘vehicle’ offerings in the works – one being the Dewback – to help us assess the viability of expanding our vehicle and rider offerings.
Since C-3PO is currently in development as a Premium Format, are you planning to release him by himself or will you wait until R2-D2 is finished to release them together? I can’t imagine getting one without the other! -AND- Will C-3PO and R2-D2 be sold separately or will they be one large Premium Format?

C-3PO and R2-D2 will be sold together as a deluxe Premium Format offering, per current planning. The standard “subject to change” disclaimer applies here.
Will you be doing a 12-inch articulated action figure of Aurra Sing or Darth Talon anytime soon?

Yes, both Aurra and Talon are planned for release, although they’re a bit far off yet. We’ve conducted some tests at the factory level for replicating Darth Talon’s tattoos and coloration, using the Aayla Secura molds. The results were good, and we expect even better with our upcoming all-new female body.
When will we see the droids for the 1/6th scale line make their debut?

The droids are looking like they’ll appear first in our 2012 lineup.
One question I haven’t seen asked is your plans for a 12-inch scale Tusken Raider and Jawa. Would be great additions to the Tattooine characters already made.

Yes, the Tusken Raider is in active development, and the Jawas will also be in development shortly (pun intended, hah!). Neither will be shipping in 2011, but are likely to be revealed before 2011 is over.
Is there a chance we will ever see a Jar Jar Binks, Watto, Boss Nass, Jango Fett or Sebulba in either 1/6th scale or Premium Format?

Jango is a near definite, but the others are a bit of a long shot. We have an interest in each – Jar Jar, Watto, and Sebulba – but their names appear farther down on our list of characters that we ‘must do’ in the immediate future.
Are you pretty much done with producing figures or accessories to go with your Jabba the Hutt w/ throne environment?

Nope, we plan to make additions to the Jabba set on a yearly basis, although some will be characters that work well in or out of Jabba’s Palace (Jawas, Fett, Bossk, etc). The next piece you’ll be seeing is a second Gamorrean Guard, with a little more ‘unique’ detail to his portrait and the ‘missing’ axe that fans have been asking for. We’re calling him Gartogg, with some serious affection for the old ‘Tales from…’ novel.
Is there a chance that, in the near future, there may be a Yoda real Bronze figure?

Yes, Yoda is top contender for a real bronze piece.
Why no characters from The Phantom Menace in 1/6th scale? How about Nute Gunray, Padawan Obi, Queen Amidala, Droidekas, and JarJar.

Yes, we will bring more to life from ‘Phantom Menace’ – including some of the characters that you mention. We’re going on a little bit of a ‘Separatist’ adventure, beginning late 2011 and continuing into 2012.

ALIEN

Any word on the H.R.Giger A L I E N?

Done. At least in sculpt form, in approximately 1:4 scale – and it’s awesome. We’ll be painting it up and revealing more about this piece shortly.

GI JOE

When can we expect to see a Destro or Croc Master show up in your G.I. Joe line? And in what scale/version?

Destro is a lock for a late 2011 (or possibly early 2012) reveal, perhaps in two different formats at about the same time. Croc Master doesn't have any definite plan, not yet.
I would like to know if some of these characters are in your plans for the 12-inch G.I. Joe line: Strato Viper, 1986 Viper, Cross Country, SciFi, Xamot & Tomax.

The 1986 Viper is getting the 12-inch treatment for a fact, and the twins are good possibilities (but a little further down the road).
Is a Blowtorch or Barbecue a character that Sideshow will consider realistic enough for 1/6th scale G.I. Joe?

Blowtorch made it to our planning, but has yet to find a ‘locked’ position in our development track. Our Creative Director, Tom Gilliland, has a serious soft spot for Blowtorch, thanks to his time working for Toys ‘R Us back in 1984/5/6. There was a kid that came every day to the store asking for Blowtorch, and one day, Tom was finally able to connect that kid with his long-sought-after figure, and it left a strong impression on Tom.
Have there been any discussions and/or plans for you to release 12-inch versions of the GI Joe Adventure Team?

Yes, especially with the possible inclusion of Bigfoot. We like the idea, but it is lower priority than our current Joe VS Cobra focus.