What you can do to protect your collection during an emergency...

"Evacuations are more common than many people realize. Hundreds of times each year, transportation and industrial accidents release harmful substances, forcing thousands of people to leave their homes. Fires and floods cause evacuations even more frequently. Almost every year, people along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts evacuate in the face of approaching hurricanes." - Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Ever wonder what you would do if you had to evacuate your home at a moments notice? Where to go, what to take, how to secure your home? Collectors have an additional concern - will my collection be covered if I leave it behind and will it be covered if I take it with me?

Every year during hurricane season, Collectibles Insurance Services receives calls from customers up and down the East and Gulf Coast asking what to do with their collections. Of course their Collectibles Insurance Services' policies would cover damage to their collectibles from the hurricane. But they were concerned about coverage for those collectibles they were taking with them - typically a limited amount of coverage is provided for the collectibles "while in transit".

As a result of customer concerns, Collectibles Insurance Services introduced a waiver of their policies' transit sublimit. "We want customers to feel secure in taking their cherished collections with the," says Annemarie Fitzpatrick, Director at Collectibles Insurance Services, "therefore in the instance of a government recommended or mandatory evacuation our policies now provide coverage up to the policy limit while the collection is in transit.”

To learn more about disasters in your area and how to prepare, visit the FEMA website.

Get a quote today! Call 888-837-9537 (8:30-5pm ET) or online at www.collectinsure.com.

When calling or completing an application, be sure to indicate you are a member of the Figures.com Network in order to receive 5% off your first term premium.

About Collectibles Insurance Services, LLC (www.CollectInsure.com)

Since 1966, Collectibles Insurance Services has been "insuring today's treasures from tomorrow's tragedy." As a company founded by fellow collectors, we understand that your collection is worth so much more than just money. And as experts in collectibles insurance, we know standard homeowners insurance alone isn't enough to replace your treasures.