Comics/Books: Dan LuVisi's LAST MAN STANDING Optioned by Paramount

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Dan LuVisi's LAST MAN STANDING Optioned by Paramount

Sci-fi graphic novel to be developed as a multiplatform franchise property...

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, ZoloWorld.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

According to Deadline.com, Paramount has just closed a deal to purchase Dan LuVisi's graphic novel LAST MAN STANDING (LMS) and develop it as a multiplatform franchise property. Deadline reports that Scott Aversano will produce with Daniel LuVisi. The project will be executive produced by Stephan Lokotsch, Russell Binder, and Peter Levin.

A limited run of LMS: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter was pre-released (and sold out) at San Diego Comic-Con and is anticipated for public release this September. It is being printed under Kevin Eastman's Heavy Metal Publishing (pre-orders at heavymetal.com). The massive hardcover book is presented like a scrapbook (killbook) composed by the main character, Gabriel. It acts as a prologue to a planned comic book series, introducing fans to the rich sci-fi world Dan LuVisi has created.

Last Man Standing takes place in the far future and follows an invincible soldier named Gabriel who is a celebrated hero after leading the forces of Earth to victory over Mars. However, he is soon framed for a terrible crime by a terrorist organization and sent to heavily fortified prison called Level-9 before escaping nine years later.

My introduction to LMS came on Day 2 of Comic-Con when my friend and co-worker Jess C. Horsley showed me his recently acquired copy. I was instantly drawn to its incredible cover (pictured top) and equally incredible size - a coffee table book big 15" x 12". Hardcover. $35. Wow. Flipping through the book (well you can't really "flip" the pages, more like lift them with both hands) and I was further sucked in by the vivid art - a mix of hyper-realistic digital character paintings and what can best be described as video game inspired graphics: Stark icons, futuristic pamphlets and action figures (!). I picked up my copy the next day and happily got it signed by Dan LuVisi ("Get Some!"). It wasn't until I returned home and actually started READING LMS - Gabriel's personal bios on himself, friends and soon-to-retired enemies, fan mail, etc. - that I came to fully appreciate how amazing LMS was. It's a homage to everything from Halo to Eastman's very own Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, yet all so fantastically rich and original. Passionate sci-fi fans owe it to themselves to check this book out. I couldn't be more excited.

For more on Dan LuVisi and LMS, check out his website at www.danluvisiart.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1LMS.jpg 
Views:	3513 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	10070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1LMS2.jpg 
Views:	11821 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	10071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1LMS3.jpg 
Views:	16065 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	10072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1LMS4.jpg 
Views:	5836 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	10073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1LMS5.jpg 
Views:	3457 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	10074  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Dan LuVisi's LAST MAN STANDING Optioned by Paramount

Dan is a great guy and LMS is everything sci-fi action junkies love. Jeff's right - if you haven't read this yet, check it out...

Check out LMS - Killbook for more info!
    "Until next time...have FUN with your figures!!"

Jess C. Horsley

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.