Upcoming film becomes the talk of Comic-Con. New action figures revealed...

San Diego Comic-Con coverage brought to you by Collectibles Insurance, Big Bad Toy Store, Sekaido, and Monkey Depot.

Comic-Con in recent years has become a powerful tool in promoting Hollywood's hottest movies. This year proved no different with films like Saw 3D, The Expendables and Tron Legacy reeling in fans with promotional freebies, actor signings and elaborate booth displays. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World didn't offer any cool freebies, but it quickly joined the "Big Three" as a hot topic courtesy of its entertaining panel and advance screening. I missed both, but Scott Pilgrim fan excitement at Comic-Con was extremely contagious. Edgar Wright's adaptation of the cult-classic comic book series has me curious more than ever. Count me there for its theatrical opening August 13th.

While I'm out of the Scott Pilgrim loop (for now), Mezco Toys is in the know. On display at their Comic-Con booth was a variety of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World collectibles to feed the hungry fan-obsessed masses. Previously revealed 4" and 8" plush dolls of Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers were shown, the duo tiding collectors over this August. A surprise reveal was a pair of Scott Pilgrim action figures. The 6" tall comic-accurate toys depicted the love-torn hero wielding a sword and another rocking out on bass guitar.

Not too shabby for promoting a movie. Not even The Expendables had action figures to show...

CLICK HERE for a Scott Pilgrim photo gallery tour!