HT Predators

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HT Predators

HT Predators

As most know, I am a huge fan of HT in general, and the Predators in particular, however I do have a complaint. The Falconer Predator, although good looking, I feel that the undetatchable mask is a huge cop-out!
    They are still charging a premium price, and it doesnt have a face. They could have used the Beserker sculpt with a green paint job at least! It doesnt even come with the cyberfalcon. I think if they wanted to follow in McFarlane's footsteps, and cut corners, they at least should have dropped the price. I know the Falconer didnt take off his helmet in the film, but neither did the Celtic, and Chopper Predators in AVP, and they had faces.
    Anyone else agree?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: HT Predators

I really don't mind the non-removable mask. It was never revealed in the movie and since it never will be, no big loss. Not included the UAV/Falcon is more of a problem. However, I suspect that they will release a boxed set of it with the Predog, or just a boxed set of each.

I have a problem with Hot Toys pushing the prices of 1:6 figures up to the $200.00 mark.

I do love the trophy skull they included.

The pricepoint is a BIG problem with me in this case as well. If the helmet is not removable, then the price should be less. I would say $130.00 would be about right.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For me, acceptable for a non-exclusive would be $100.00 Exclusive $125-$150 depending on how exclusive and what was added. A pair of headsets like for Dutch, no, that doesn't cut it for a "true" exclusive. An exclusive would include a new base, something like a Predog, a lot more accessories, and/or special light up features.

I agree with you, but it seems that all figures are jumping in price. HT average is climbing all the time. Those little Halo figures are $11-$17 depending on where you go. thats rediculous. Neca average is $16.99 and thats high to me as well. I guess our dollar isnt going to go too far now and in the future. I hate to think what things are going to cost in a few years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.