"The Walking Dead" Descends on Comic-Con
Get "Zombified," sneak preview and panel event, more...
For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, ZoloWorld.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.
For a great selection of film, TV and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.
The stars and producers of AMC's anticipated series The Walking Dead, based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, will descend on Comic-Con 2010 for a panel event and exclusive sneak preview of the original drama.
The Walking Dead panel, scheduled for Friday, July 23 at 11:30am in Room 6BCF, will feature series stars Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually), Jon Bernthal (The Pacific), Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), Laurie Holden (The Mist), and Emma Bell (Law & Order). Joining the cast are writer, director, executive producer and three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile); executive producers Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon), make-up artist Greg Nicotero (George Romero's Land of the Dead, The Mist); and Joel Stillerman, AMC's SVP of original programming, production and digital content.
The Walking Dead will premiere this October during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films.
During the hour-long event, moderator Eric Moro of IGN.com will lead panelists in a discussion about their experience shooting the series in Atlanta, and the process of bringing Kirkman's comic book to life on the small screen, among other topics, followed by an exclusive first look at The Walking Dead, and a Q&A session with attendees.
The Walking Dead panel will be complemented by a number of on-the-ground activities taking place throughout Comic-Con:
* Attendees will have an opportunity to get "zombified" by visiting The Walking Dead booth #3721 and putting themselves into a zombie scene from the series via a touch screen and AMC will email the photo to them.
* AMC will distribute limited edition The Walking Dead series posters from internationally recognized movie poster artist, Drew Struzan (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Hellboy and more).
* An autograph session will take place with Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Gale Anne Hurd in the Image Comic Books booth #2729.
* AMC will distribute limited edition The Walking Dead series buttons.
* AMC will have The Walking Dead walkers around the convention center and booth.
* The Walking Dead booth #3721 will be a semi-recreation of a scene from the pilot episode.
Source: Edited AMC PR