NECA: FIRST LOOK - Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FIRST LOOK - Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction gets the action figure treatment...

For a great selection of video game action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of video game t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

NECA provides an advance prototype look at their latest video game action figure, Sam Fisher from Ubisoft's recently released stealth title, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction. The figure features the lead character's new in-game look including a removeable flak jacket and a pair of his iconic trifocal goggles (not pictured). Stay tuned for more details and images on this exciting new video game figure.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1splintercellNECAproto.jpg 
Views:	23348 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	7087  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down Re: FIRST LOOK - Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher

No hip articulation=fail. C'mon NECA, waken up, this was why your Army of Two figures sucked and your Ryu Hayabusa kicked ***.

Re: FIRST LOOK - Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher

Granted those Army of Two figures could have used some more articulation, there is no denying their uber killer good looks

I actually spoke to NECA about the matter and why some figures have more articulation and others lesser so. It's all about money and tooling. A budget is alloted for the year on all product they will be releasing and A-List lines, like BioShock, Gears, etc receive the most attention. Others, like one release deals like Army of Two, etc unfortunately get the short end of the stick. Extra joints = mo money. It's all a balancing act, and more complicated then described, but that's the gist. I still think it is too early to write-off 'ol Sam Fisher. If they can make him look as good as Army of Two dudes, I'm sold.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! I've been waiting years for a Sam Fisher figure and I couldn't be happier that NECA is doing it. Agent_85, I for one can understand your gripe about articulation, but I really do have to agree with Jeff, the Army of Two figures were crazy awesome. It's my opinion that NECA is quite possibly the best there is out there right now (along with DC Direct). McFarlane used to hold that distinction but something happened through the years.

But yeah, I can't wait for this guy. Before him I was wishing upon a star for an Agent 47 Hitman figure and NECA delivered, now this. I'm on cloud 9!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a Sam Fisher figure (at long last, lol!) but he should be done right. I don't understand how they can create figures of characters who are always running and crouching etc. and not give them useful articulation. Take in point my example of Ryu Hayabusa, they hit that guy out of the park! As for the Army of Two guys, granted they looked good, but they didn't even give them different weapons when weapon customising was one of the big draws of the game. I think that sometimes these companies get it wrong, plain and simple. Look at Sam here, why give him knee articulation and no hip articulation, it just doesn't work.
    What really disheartens me about NECA is that they can do excellent figures like Ryu Hayabusa, the Bioshock figures, the latest COGS and Locust but then make bad decisions with the likes of RAAM, Boomers, Rios and Salem etc.

Little bit on the articulation from NECA:

insert molded ball-hinged elbows & yes the torso can hunch or go straight
    Looks like knee joints there too, so should be able to get some cool stealth poses with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaylor View Post
    Little bit on the articulation from NECA:

insert molded ball-hinged elbows & yes the torso can hunch or go straight
    Looks like knee joints there too, so should be able to get some cool stealth poses with him.
    Yeah but without the hip articulation he can't even achieve the stance in the promo picture used above. I really hope they add some more articulation to this before we see some production pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by agent_85 View Post
    Yeah but without the hip articulation he can't even achieve the stance in the promo picture used above. I really hope they add some more articulation to this before we see some production pictures.
    That's actually a really good point. If his knees bend but his hips don't... then the knees might as well not be articulated. The only reason I'm glad to see any ankle movement in NECA's no hip action figures is because if they weren't, most (of the no hip movement peeps) wouldn't be able to stand. I bought my gf all their Twilight figs (just so my stuff doesn't dominate the living room completely... lol) and those things are near IMPOSSIBLE to stand.

I love love love LOVE their Gears and Bioshock figures and they do amazing sculpts no matter what property they do, but the legs that don't move, 9 times out of 10, cause tons of frustration. NECA is totally my fav mass market company, and I understand they're not as big as a lot of their competitors so I try never to say **** about it, but sometimes it is a BIG pain in the *** and it would almost be better to wait for a time when a fig could get full motion.

Like Issac Clarke, absolutely AMAZING stand alone figure with plenty of articulation.

That Dead Space figure was pretty awesome, as was Altair from Assassin's Creed. When they put the effort in they really can turnout some great figures. I just wish they listened to their fans feedback a bit more like Hot Toys, Hasbro, and Mattel even do. I wish they would revisit the Gears of War RAAM and the Boomers. Maybe put out some limited editions at Conventions or Toy Fairs at their proper sizes.

I can't understand Neca. They're going backwards it seems.

Player Select series 1 Statues

Ninja Gaiden OMGSH articulation

Prototype statue.

Dead Space good articulation

Army of two I can't feel mah legs

Dante's inferno. OMGSH articulation

This no hips
    Last edited by Starscream; 06-10-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: needed to
    Silence is Golden
    I love the smell of flowers
    did you just let one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.