Comics/Books: Dynamite Acquires TOTAL RECALL

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Dynamite Acquires TOTAL RECALL

"Ever heard of Rekall? They sell those fake memories." - Quaid

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, ZoloWorld.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of film, TV and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

Dynamite Entertainment announces that later this year they will begin to publish Total Recall comic books based on the original Sci-Fi Carolco Pictures thriller released in 1990. Total Recall starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sharon Stone and was based on the Philip K. Dick short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale." The rights to publish a Total Recall comic book series were obtained from StudioCanal S.A. under a licensing agreement negotiated by The Licensing Group Ltd.

The story line is centered on a unsophisticated construction worker, Douglas Quaid (Schwarzenegger), and the aftermath of his visit to REKALL, a company offering vacations for the mind. The Rekall vacation triggers a mind plant in Quaid's brain, leading him to discover that he is a freedom fighter from Mars who has been relocated to Earth. Quaid attempts to restore order, and reverse the corrupt influence of commercial powers, despite multiple challenges, not the least of which are his wife's multiple attempts to kill him, attacks from thugs who want him dead; and his own confusion as to who he really is. Quaid conquers the corrupt hold of the Mars based mining company restoring order to the Mars community.

Source: Edited Dynamite PR

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1recallcomic.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	6783  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Dynamite Acquires TOTAL RECALL

Great news. Now all we need are some action figures! See our WHERE'S MY FIGURE OF article HERE.

Re: Dynamite Acquires TOTAL RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaylor View Post
    Great news. Now all we need are some action figures! See our WHERE'S MY FIGURE OF article HERE.
    I'd buy that for a dollar! Yeah, yeah, wrong franchise. Still, that would make a great line of figures. Even just a few in their movie line would be awesome, especially Doug and Thumbelina.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the comic series. I've never read Philip K. Dick, but one of my writing professors just loves his work. I wonder if they'll focus on an expanded version of the short story or do the story and then the consequences in that universe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.