REVIEW: Toy Story 3 Disney Store Exclusive HAMM BANK

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Toy Story 3 Disney Store Exclusive HAMM BANK

Money not included...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, SuperHeroToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of film, TV and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

With just one more month before the film's release, the Toy Story 3 merchandise and marketing blitz has hit in a big, big way. Every toy store aisle is filled with characters both old and new, with both Thinkway Toys and Mattel fighting for your wallet. Even LEGO has gotten in on the act this year. It's probably more accurate to say that the merchandise blitz has never stopped since Toy Story graced the theaters in 1995!

The Disney Store has also come to the merchandise war and allowing you to kill two birds with one stone: own a Disney movie collectible and save your money to buy more Disney movie collectibles. What a concept!

HAMM, one of the original Toy Story characters (voiced by John Ratzenberger), is oddly enough, not a toy. He's a piggy bank and probably one of the more fragile characters in the film. It's a miracle he didn't lose more than a few coins in his movie adventures. Hamm comes with a tag that has a caution note: NOT A TOY – DECORATIVE ITEM ONLY. And this "decorative item" can be yours for $19.50.

I'm sure you're all wondering... is it to scale? Would it work with my Thinkway Toy Story Collection toys? I'm just going to say "yes" to all. If you see this in the store, he might look pretty big but when next to the rest of the Toy Story Collection gang, he fits right in.

Hamm is made of sturdy... I actually don't really know what he is made of. It's a heavy and durable material for the most part, but still breakable. Perhaps it's a ceramic or a resin material. The cork is a real cork and removable. Features are painted on but you might want to double check yours to make sure they look okay to you.

I have no idea if Thinkway has any intention of making a Hamm toy but if they do, I don't want to pay $50 for something filled with electronics. This Disney Store exclusive is perfect and the most accurate Hamm you can find. It is what it is!

If you're a warm-blooded Toy Story fan like I am, do yourself a favor and pick this up. It'll be the best decorative item you buy all summer.

Review and Photos by David Yeh

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm1.jpg 
Views:	30826 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	5866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm2.jpg 
Views:	2230 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	5867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm3.jpg 
Views:	32560 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	5868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm4.jpg 
Views:	1916 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	5869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm5.jpg 
Views:	40038 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	5870  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm6.jpg 
Views:	1942 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	5871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm7.jpg 
Views:	2926 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	5872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm8.jpg 
Views:	1859 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	5873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm9.jpg 
Views:	1957 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	5874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm10.jpg 
Views:	25442 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	5875  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm11.jpg 
Views:	33772 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	5876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm12.jpg 
Views:	41122 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	5877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamm13.jpg 
Views:	5207 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	5878  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.