Comics/Books: Max Brooks Pens Next Generation of G.I. JOE Comics

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Max Brooks Pens Next Generation of G.I. JOE Comics

Dark new comic miniseries this May...

For a great selection of G.I. Joe and military-themed action figures and collectibles, check out SmallJoes.com, BigBadToyStore.com, MonkeyDepot.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

The bestselling author of World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide brings his unique style to G.I. JOE comics with a five-issue miniseries: G.I. JOE: Hearts & Minds, coming in May under license from Hasbro. Max Brooks crafts a G.I. JOE series for an America at war, starkly contrasting intensely brutal portrayals of the dark side of the human condition with the light of hope in the most unlikely places.

"I tried to write a series as harsh and complicated as the times we're living in," said Brooks.

Exploring the effects of real-world war on the individual, every issue of G.I. JOE: Hearts & Minds features two chapters, each spotlighting a different G.I. JOE or COBRA character. Brooks pulls no punches from the very beginning, starting the series with chapters on MAJOR BLUDD and SPIRIT.

"This is the G.I. JOE book that isn't about action figures. It's about people like you and me," said IDW G.I. JOE editor Andy Schmidt. "And that makes it even more chilling than any zombie novel could be, because this one isn't about a plague--this one is about us."

Brook's dark stories are brought to life by artists Howard Chaykin and Antonio Fuso, who will each also provide covers. In addition to the regular edition, IDW will be offering a limited number of signed editions.

G.I. JOE: Hearts & Minds #1 (of 5, $3.99, 32 pages, full color) will be available in stores in May (Diamond order code: MAR10 0998). G.I. JOE: Hearts & Minds #1 Signed Edition ($9.99, 32 pages, full color) will be available in stores in May (Diamond order code: MAR10 0999).

Source: Edited IDW Press Release

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1JoeHeartsandMinds.jpg 
Views:	1349 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	3840  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.