CARD BACK: NECA's God of War 2 (2007)

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

NECA's God of War 2 (2007)

"I am what the gods have made me!" - Kratos

For a great selection of video game action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of video game t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

2007 was a good year for fans of the hit hack-and-slash video game series God of War. That's the year NECA unleashed the fury of Kratos upon the action figure world. Numerous versions of the Greek god-slaying protagonist were released, including Kratos armed with flaming Blades of Athena and the hero donning his awesome Golden Fleece Armor. Fully articulated, the figures awed collectors with amazing detail. This winter, fans will be treated to new God of War 3 figures from DC Unlimited. While more Kratos is a good thing, the high standards set by NECA will be hard to beat.

NECA'S GOD OF WAR 2
    5.5" x 11"

>> CARDBACK ARCHIVE <<

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NECAgowFRONT.jpg 
Views:	3837 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	9974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NECAgowBACK.jpg 
Views:	3592 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	9975  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: NECA's God of War 2

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaylor View Post
    This winter, fans will be treated to new God of War 3 figures from DC Unlimited. While more Kratos is a good thing, the high standards set by NECA will be hard to beat.
    I honestly think DC Direct's God of War Series 1 looks way better than what Neca has done. I am a huge fan of both God of War and statues/action figures and what DC Direct will release looks more coherent and as far as I've seen, the sculpt seems better than Neca's.
    Firstly, DC will release several characters, while Neca only released variants of Kratos (with the exact same molds, there are NO additional details...all that for enjoying economies of scales, yes Neca is a company, but still...). Secondly, the anatomy of DC's God of War series looks very good compared to Neca since this latter released a Kratos with (very) long legs. Moreover, the upcoming figures from DC Unlimited will have few articulations, which is perfect for me (I started collecting with McFarlane, I think you understand my joy). However, Neca's Kratos (I'm still thinking how such a great shame it is they only released Kratos) has a nice head sculpt and a base, which is nice to make it stand.

The following pic is my custom of Kratos (made with both Neca's Kratos and McFarlane's Conan):

Don't misunderstand me, I own all Neca's Kratos and like them a lot, I just think DC Direct's God of War series will be excellent. I'm even thinking about buying twice of each, one to open, one to keep MIB

AWESOME custom! I'd buy that in a heartbeat

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean it as an attack against what DC Unlimited is doing at all. I'm very excited about their GoW figures, especially the variety in characters we will be getting. I picked up some of their Resistance figures, and while I haven't even played the game, the figures are excellent. If those are any indication to what DC Unlimited has in store for us with future video game figures, collectors are in very good hands.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm glad you like the custom. It's been somehow tough to saw all different parts of the conan figure and to make the skirt loose enough (since it's plastic) to connect the legs to the torso. However, the figure's lacking some balance and it's difficult to make it stand without any accident

Well, as said in another topic, let's hope DC releases a second wave after the first one! By the way, Hades looks awesome and so does Zeus. I hope this latter is coming out with a yellow lightning bolt in addition to the blue bolts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.