One Day Only: Saturday, November 21, 2009...
For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, BriansToys.com, DollsAmerica.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, RPMDiecast.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.
For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.
DesignerCon (Dcon) is announces its 2009 exhibition will return to the Pasadena Convention Center on Saturday, November 21, 2009. Since 2006, DesignerCon (formerly known as Vinyl Toy Network) has been the premiere destination for art and culture enthusiasts.
New for 2009, DesignerCon expands its scope of "all that is art and design" with the addition of new brands, collaborations, apparel and limited-edition prints. Each show is a curated collection of emerging and established art and design driven brands where guests can immerse themselves in 25,000 square feet of wall-to-wall creativity. The exhibition showcases some of the most exciting contemporary artists collaborations of today, including collectible vinyl toys, custom figures, apparel and more. "We are happy to say that every year the show has gotten bigger and better than the year before; this year is no different. We look forward to having everyone join us for this fun event," notes show creator Ben Goretsky.
Los Angeles artist Buff Monster will be joining the show for the first time this year, and collaborated with DesignerCon to create a limited-edition capsule collection of custom figures and silkscreen prints. The artist adds "I am looking forward to debuting my new limited-edition custom toys created exclusively for Designercon. The show is a great way to connect with fans, collectors and friends all in one day."
Highlights for DesignerCon 2009 include:
• Over twenty artists will be in attendance including Tim Biskup, Buff Monster, Amanda Visell, Greg "Craola" Simkins, Robert Goodin and many others.
• The exhibition brings together over 50 brands in one room such as Super 7, Baby Tattoo, JapanLA, Munky King, Beautiful Decay, Mr .Toast and ToDieFor Clothing, including TDF’s new collaboration with Greg "Craola" Simkins.
• AdFunture will present the Yoka show with over 200 works of art on display.
• Dr. Sketchys will be presenting a unique live modeling event.
• Get Flipped photobooth will capture live 3D photos in dynamic 3D environments created by DesignerCon artists.
Sponsored by organic Y Water, DesignerCon 2009 is open to the public with a $5 admission fee for adults and free admission for children 13 and under. Entry after 3pm is free. More information, including a full list of vendors, exclusives and artists attending the show can be found on DesignerCon’s website at www.designercon.com.