Company Reveals 2010 Toy Plans
Additions to established properties, as well as new toy lines.
For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, BriansToys.com, DollsAmerica.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, RPMDiecast.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.
For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.
Playmates Toys announces many new additions to their established properties, as well as the debut of several new branded toy lines in 2010. These include:
* SHREK FOREVER AFTER - Read our story HERE.
* LUCHA LIBRE AAA - Lucha Libre AAA has been an unstoppable phenomenon in Mexico for over 17 years. Loved by fans of all ages, only LUCHA LIBRE AAA delivers the high-flying action and outlandish antics of Mexico’s beloved Luchadores. In anticipation of the North American expansion of Lucha Libre AAA, Playmates will launch an officially-sanctioned line of Lucha Libre AAA USA toys and collectibles for kids and collectors alike in August 2010. The line will include highly-detailed and fully-articulated Luchador action figures in two scales, authentic role-play masks and championship belt and the signature hexagon ring as featured at Lucha Libre AAA events.
* INAZUMA-OH! - Playmates blasts back on the vehicle scene with INAZUMA-OH! Capturing a Japanese flavor, the name Inazuma-Oh means "Lightning King" and this vehicle line delivers on "Lighting Fast, High-Performance" action that kids can collect, build, race and battle. Each Battle Deck vehicle comes complete with three decks that house a powerful body, ultra fast pull back powered engine, and armor piercing weapon. Stack and snap the three decks together and you've created your own unique racing rig ready for battle! Mix, match and trade the different parts to create your very own customized vehicle that’s ready to challenge for the INAZUMA-OH title. Racing onto retail shelves in January 2010, the line-up will feature a single-pack assortment of 10 battle ready vehicles, a two-pack assortment of vehicles and the high-octane Kibagurui Battle Track playset that comes with an exclusive vehicle.
* HERO:108 - In January 2010, Cartoon Network USA will premiere HERO:108, a new 52:11 animated series blending high action and comedy. HERO:108 takes place in the Hidden Kingdom, where the evil High Roller has turned the animals against the humans. The only chance to restore peace comes in the form of First Squad, an elite team of heroes dedicated to protecting the humans and winning back the Kingdom.
Capitalizing on this brand new series, Playmates will launch a complete line of fun and innovative toys and games, hitting retail shelves in August 2010. Highlighting the launch will be 24 action figures of all your favorite heroes and villains, each coming with a series of gaming cards and a free-rolling turtle or chameleon vehicle that contains an innovative gaming feature for hours of battling fun. In addition to action figures, kids will be able to act out what they see in the show through multiple themed play sets and accessories. Playmates will also be linking their toys to the HERO:108 MMOG and online games that will roll out in 2009 and 2010.
* GORMITI - The GORMITI phenomenon continues to grow in the U.S. as the Gormiti animated television series premieres on CARTOON NETWORK on October 5, 2009. The series, produced by Marathon Media, follows a group of kids that magically transform into powerful Gormiti when they are transported into the heart of the battle raging between warring tribes on the "Island of Gorm".
With the 2010 product offering from Playmates Toys and Giochi Preziosi, including over 90 new miniature figures, special feature action figures, mechanical action playsets and role play toys, boys can collect literally hundreds of characters, build and accessorize their own battlefield and recreate the epic struggle between the evil volcano warriors and the people of the earth, air, forest and sea.
* STAR TREK - With nearly 40 years of heritage in the STAR TREK franchise, Playmates will build on the excitement generated by the blockbuster STAR TREK movie directed by J.J. Abrams with an offering of new toys and collectibles based on the 2009 movie and the classic original series catalyst STAR TREK. In addition to new waves of 3.75” action figures, role play accessories and vehicles two new segments will be introduced in the movie line.
The STARFLEET DEFENDER line includes a full array of movie characters articulated in small-scale in dynamic animated-style action poses. Collectible iconic mini space ships from the 2009 movie include the U.S.S. Enterprise, the U.S.S. Kelvin, and the Narada. And for the first time ever, Playmates will introduce 3.75” GALAXY EDITION action figures and diorama’s based on the classic Star Trek series. These figures will be highly detailed with authentic life-like likenesses and feature over 16 points of articulation. Iconic scenes from the most popular episodes will be depicted in two-figure pack dioramas.
* TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Turtle Power is in full force with the dynamic 2010 line of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES toys available exclusively at Toys R Us. After a quarter of a century, kids of all ages still love to play with Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael. A brand new live action movie that traces the Turtles back to their origins is in the works and is tentatively slated for October 2011, with Galen Walker (TMNT) and Scott Mednick (300) producing. The product line will reflect the special blend of action and humor which makes this franchise so unique and popular.
Playmates will introduce new products and re-introduce original products and packaging to focus on the retro style which first popularized the TMNT in the late 1980’s and early 90’s. ORIGINAL MOVIE STAR FIGURES of all four Turtles will be available, along with the Classic Party Van, Sludge Runners and Ninja Gear Role-Play in Retro Packaging. In addition, Fall 2010 will see the launch of the CLASSIC COMIC BOOK FIGURES as seen in the very first comic book from 1984.
* YU-GI-OH! - Playmates has developed a complete and complementary toy line based on the newest Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s TV series and related Trading Card Game. Through the toys and TCG cards, players can duel in exciting games against the monsters of the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. For the avid TCG gamer, Playmates introduces Yusei’s wrist dealer that houses a complete deck of Yu-Gi-Oh! trading cards and deals one at a time, just like the authentic DELUXE DUEL DISK as seen in the show. Deluxe 2-packs feature Jack and Yusei’s D-Wheel’s cycles with exclusive removable Jack and Yusei action figures in 6” formats. Additionally fully articulated feature-driven figures fill out the 6” scale for popular Yu-Gi-Oh! characters. The smaller 2.5” action figures allow kids to interact with the Yu-Gi-Oh Figure Reader via resistor technology. This highly portable Figure Reader encourages collectability by electronically housing all scanned 2.5” figures and also features fun battling and race games. Available Spring 2010.
* DINOSAUR KING - Playmates Toys’ lineup of DINOSAUR KING three-inch collectible figures continues to expand along with its growing fan-base. With more than 40 figures currently available and another 48 figures to be issued in 2010, kids all over the world are having a blast collecting all the different species of dinosaurs based on the hit property and animated series from 4Kids Entertainment, Sega and Sunrise Studio.
Playmates continues to further develop the line in 2010 with such extensions as role play card holders and readers, deluxe transforming dinosaurs and action-packed playsets compatible with the three-inch figures. Fans of the Dinosaur King TV series on Saturday mornings on The CW Network can plan on enjoying new episodes throughout 2010.