Diamond Announces Contents of the May 2014 PREVIEWS
Features Image Comics' New Sci-Fi Epic, Low...
FRONT COVER: Driven beneath the ocean's waves due to environmental collapse, humanity reemerges after millennia to explore the newly alien Earth in Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini's new series Low from Image Comics.
The May edition of Diamond Comic Distributors’ monthly PREVIEWS catalog ($4.50) arrives in comic shops, hobby stores, and other specialty outlets on April 30th. The largest issue of PREVIEWS yet published, weighing in at over 600 pages, May's PREVIEWS offers nearly 2,500 new items and features comic books, graphic novels, toys, and other pop culture merchandise scheduled to go on sale beginning July 2014.
The May PREVIEWS Features:
- Women In Comics Month - PREVIEWS celebrates women in comics, both as characters and as creators, with interviews, spotlights, and more.
- On The Flip Side - Kelly Sue DeConnick, the writer of Marvel Comics' Captain Marvel, talks about the challenge of increasing female participation in the comics industry as well as her career in a two-page interview. Plus, four more women creators talk briefly about their careers in comics!
- Gems of the Month - May's PREVIEWS Gems of the Month include: Dark Horse Comics' Groo Vs. Conan #1, the long-awaited crossover between two beloved barbarian heroes; DC Comics' Robin Rises: Omega #1, the prelude to a new storyline that pits Batman against the forces of evil for the fate of his son, Damian; IDW Publishing's Ragnarök #1, Walt Simonson's new bimonthly series drawn from the stories of the end of times according to Norse mythology; Image Comics' Supreme: Blue Rose #1, the relaunch of Rob Liefeld's omnipotent character Supreme from Warren Ellis and Tula Lotay; and Marvel Comics' The Legendary Star-Lord #1, a new solo series starring the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy from Sam Humphries and Paco Medina.
- Splash - PREVIEWS shines a special spotlight at some of the blockbuster books and products coming this July, including Skottie Young's new Rocket Raccoon series; Archie Comics' Life With Archie #36 and #37, the celebration of Archie's life following his death in this series that looks at Riverdale's future; Watson-Guptill's Words For Pictures, a how-to guide for writing comics from fan-favorite Marvel Comics writer Brian Michael Bendis; Good Smile's The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Link Nendoroid; and many more products.
- PREVIEWS Exclusive Apparel - This month PREVIEWS offers more exclusive apparel that can be found only at your comic shop! The tenth Doctor looks as if he stepped out of a Duran Duran album for the Doctor Who: 3D Glasses shirt, Rick faces a dark day on the Walking Dead: Rick and the Walkers shirt, and much more that can only be found in PREVIEWS.
- DC's Futures End - This September, DC Entertainment takes readers five years into the future of the New 52, where the heroes of the DC Universe face challenges unlike anything they have ever seen, and the books for this special event feature 3D motion covers and are offered in this month's PREVIEWS!
- Plus: Staff Picks, the month's Certified Cool books, the monthly Bestseller Charts, and so much more!
Source: Diamond PR
BACK COVER: Dick Grayson has renounced his Nightwing identity and joined the secret agent service Spyral in Tim Seeley and Mikel Janin's new series from DC Entertainment, Grayson.
To insure your action figure collection, contact Collectibles Insurance Services at (888) 837-9537, or click here to get a quote and apply online. Collectibles Insurance Services is the Official Partner of the Figures.com network.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, AlterEgoComics.com, Anime-Island.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.
For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.