TOY FAIR PREVIEW: Despicable Me 2
Get Ready For More Minion Madness...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.
Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s worldwide blockbuster Despicable Me entertained audiences around the globe in 2010, grossing more than $540 million and becoming the 10th-biggest animated motion picture in U.S. history. In summer 2013, get ready for more Minion madness in Despicable Me 2. Chris Meledandri and his acclaimed filmmaking team create an all-new comedy adventure featuring the return of (former?) super-villain Gru (Steve Carell), his adorable girls, the unpredictably hilarious Minions... and a host of new and outrageously funny characters.
In support of the all-new movie, Universal Partnerships & Licensing will unveil the first-ever collection of Despicable Me 2 toys – released by Thinkway Toys, Hasbro, Basic Fun and more – at the American International Toy Fair in New York City, February 11-13, 2013.
Below is a sampling of some of the toys in the line that will be available at retailers nationwide beginning in May 2013.
* Minion Surprise Figures – These highly detailed 2-inch collectible figures from Thinkway come with display stands – you can collect everyone from Minions Dave, Tom, Stuart, Tim and Carl to Dr. Nefario and the Unicorn, among others. Suggested retail price: $2.99.
* Despicable Me 2 Action Figures – These highly detailed figures from Thinkway can pose any which way! You’ll want to collect them all, from Gru and Dr. Nefario to the whole Minion gang (more photos in our gallery below). Suggested retail price: $4.99.
* Collector’s Edition DM2 Action Figure Series – These collector’s edition figures from Thinkway feature moving heads, eyes and mouths and will talk back to you in original movie voices that contain more than 30 sayings! Collector’s editions include a 9-inch Minion Dave, a 14-inch Gru and an 11-inch Agnes, which all retail at $59.99. In addition to being chatty, when you press Dave and Agnes’s clothing, they’ll serenade you with a tune.
* Minion Mobile – Minions are on the move! This 9-inch vehicle by Thinkway includes an infrared remote control to operate it from a distance. When you press
the “talk” button on the mobile you can hear original Minion voices and when you place a second Minion in the back of the vehicle, they will bop happily as it drives away! Suggested retail price: $44.99.
* Fart Gun – For the rambunctious kids (and adults!) who love toilet humor, they won’t be able to get enough of this Despicable Me 2 Minion gadget by
Thinkway. By pressing the trigger you will engage both light and fart sound effects, and if you want a fruitier smell to accompany the flatulence, there will be a banana scented version as well. Suggested retail price: $19.99.
* Bedtime Agnes Plush – Get ready to meet your new, cuddly best friend. This plush 12-inch doll from Thinkway is soft and huggable. She’s wearing light up slippers and can chat you to sleep in her original movie voice, so there’s no need to be afraid of the dark! Suggested retail price: $34.99
* Dancing Dave – An 8-inch talking action figure from Thinkway that grooves to music and sounds. He talks, he sings, he dances – Dave is going to be your new best friend to boogie with, so put on your dancing shoes! Suggested retail price: $34.99.
* Despicable Me 2 View Master – See your favorite Despicable Me characters like never before - in vivid View Master 3D! In partnership with Fisher-Price, Basic Fun has developed the Despicable Me 2 View Master including a new internal design that provides a 50% brighter and larger image with a smoother operation and a new focus on 3D adventures featuring 21 images (across three reels) to tell the Despicable Me story. Suggested retail price: $9.99 (viewer), $4.99 (reel pack), $14.99 (gift set including the viewer, three reels and a branded case)
* Hasbro’s MONOPOLY: Despicable Me 2 Edition Game – The MONOPOLY game has never been this mischievous! Assemble the Minions! Gru is back with a villainous plan to take over the MONOPOLY game. Spin the Minion to make your move, collect Banana Bucks fast, and own all your favorite Despicable Me properties. Suggested retail price: $19.99.
* Hasbro’s OPERATION: Despicable Me 2 Edition Game – Whaaa’?! Stuart’s having a bad, bad day. He accidentally swallowed some unicorn fluff, his noggin’s gone nutty, and his tongue is toxic! What’s a Minion to do?! Operate! It’s the same classic OPERATION game fun, plus the wacky humor of Minions! Suggested retail price: $19.99.