SDCC12: Square Enix Takes On New Video Games
Halo 4, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider (2013), More...
Be sure and enter Sideshow's SDCC Captain American Bucky Barnes Premium Format Figure Giveaway!
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.
For action figures, statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.
It's hard to imagine a time when all Square Enix used to focus on was Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai action figures. Today, the amazing Kai format can be found a number of hot video game properties, include the following that were on display at San Diego Comic-Con:
* DEAD SPACE: (pictured top) Making it's debut at Comic-Con was a prototype of Isaac Clarke as he will appear in Dead Space 3, the upcoming survival horror video game developed by Visceral Games. I'm not totally sold on Isaac's new look yet, though I'm sure that will change as the anticipated game nears release. I also look forward to seeing the painted figure and which weapons Square will give him. Release date and pricing to be decided, but I'm guessing around February 2013 to coincide with the game's release.
* HALO 4: Prototypes for a new Master Chief and Blue Spartan were on display, both showing off the game's new armor designs and weapons. Die-hard Halo fans will love these, the helmet design of the Blue Spartan particularly cool. Release date and pricing to be decided.
* HITMAN: ABSOLUTION/ TOMB RAIDER (2013): Previously shown as unpainted prototypes in our story HERE, Agent 47 from Hitman: Absolution and Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider reboot were in full color at Comic-Con. Still no release date on either figure, but Square Enix has some time. Hitman: Absolution hits shelves this November, while Tomb Raider releases next March.
* RESIDENT EVIL: OPERATION RACCOON CITY: A figure of Lupo will see release. Read our story HERE.
* KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE: I'm not too familiar with this upcoming Nintendo 3DS title, but two figures from the game were on display. These include Riku Tron Legacy Version (on the left in photo above) and Sora Tron Legacy Version (right). I'm a huge Tron fan so these should be pretty exciting to see painted up. Release date to be decided.
* DEVIL MAY CRY 3: Oddly enough, Kai figures from the upcoming 2013 Devil May Cry prequel game weren't represented at Comic-Con. Instead Square Enix showed off figures of Dante and Vergil from 2005's Devil May Cry 3. Classic characters, for sure, just a strange choice considering the timing. Look for both this November priced at a SRP of $69.99.
* SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV: The fight continues with new Kai figures of Guile and Ibuki, release date on both TBD.
* TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2: I'm more of a Street Fighter kind of guy, but there's no denying the legion of Tekken fans. Square Enix represents with two figures from Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Kazuya Mishima and Jun Kazama. Release date - you guessed it - to be decided.
* MASS EFFECT 3: Following the fall release of Series 1 - Male Commander Shepard, Ashley Williams and Garrus - come three new Mass Effect 3 characters. These include Female Commander Shepard and Tali'Zorah nar Rayya. Release TBD.
METAL GEAR SOLID: REVENGEANCE: Have they established whether "Revengeance" is a word or not? Either way, this upcoming Konami title looks killer! Starring everyone's favorite cyborg - Raiden - players get to hack and slash through waves of bad guys. An amazing Raiden Play Arts Kai action figure was on display, release date TBD, but it will be mine. Also shown was the upcoming Solidus Snake (see our story HERE), due in stores this November.
Stay tuned for more Square Enix Comic-Con news, including a report on their new Batman Play Arts Kai - movie AND video game based!
Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-24-2012 at 03:10 PM.