New STAR WARS Comic Series
"Knights of the Old Republic - War", "Blood Ties – Boba Fett is Dead", more...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Urban-Collector.com.
For Gears of War and other collectible video game statues and replicas, visit TriForce.
For statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.
Dark Horse Comics announced during New York Comic Con several new Star Wars comic series coming in 2012. These include:
* Star Wars: Blood Ties – Boba Fett is Dead (pictured above): Boba Fett is dead. The most infamous hunter in the galaxy has been hunted. He's lying, broken, on the desert floor. He's more blaster-holes than man. It's the ultimate ending. However, this is just the start of our story. With the fall of Fett broadcast across the galaxy, someone rises to avenge him. But who would care about the death of a man like Fett? Bounty hunters aren't exactly known for their enduring, close friendships but even a man like Boba Fett has family... and now a Blood Tie demands blood. Established Star Wars writer Tom Taylor is back with this new Blood Ties series to be released in April 2012.
* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - War: The Republic and the Mandalorians are at war! Following the charismatic Revan, Jedi are joining the fight, despite the noninterference stance of the Council. One Jedi, however, has found himself on the front lines against his wishes - the peace-loving Zayne Carrick has been drafted. Written by Star Wars master John Jackson Miller, with cover art by Benjamin Carré and a variant cover by Dave Wilkins, Knights of the Old Republic - War doesn't just mark the return of one of the most popular eras in Star Wars video games and comics - it is an entry point for any reader interested in Star Wars. On sale January 11, 2012.
* Star Wars: Knight Errant - Escape: Fan favorite John Jackson Miller is writing the series, with artwork from penciller, Marco Castiello, inking by Vincenzo Acunzo, colors by Michael Atiyeh and lettering by Michael Heiser. Jedi Knight Kerra Holt continues her one woman crusade against the Sith from behind enemy lines on her most dangerous mission yet. Launching in June 2012 for a 5-issue arc.
* Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi: Here's your first look at the Star Wars of 25,000 years ago - before there were lightsabers, when the ties to the Force were new, and before the Jedi spread out into the galaxy. It began with the mysterious pyramid ships - the Tho Yor - scattered to the eight corners of the galaxy, and ended with the establishment of an Order that would change the universe forever. On the planet Tython, in the center of the galaxy, an order of warrior monks strives to maintain peace and to balance the mysterious power known as the Force. But a stranger is coming - one who will destroy both peace and balance, and open the galaxy to exploration and conquest. This is where it all begins. Isse #0 goes on sale February 1, 2012 followed by Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force Storm #1 is on February 15.
* Star Wars: Darth Vader and The Ghost Prison: The upcoming 5-issue series is written by Haden Blackman, with artwork by Agustin Alessio. Ghost Prison takes place a year after Revenge of the Sith and will showcase Darth Vader's impact on the galaxy in ways fans have never seen. Darth Vader will serve the Emperor to the best of his abilities, after all – Darth Vader makes no mistakes. Ghost Prison also marks the return of Star Wars character Moff Trachta who will be vital to how the series unfolds.
In stores May 2012.
Source: Edited Dark Horse PR