New IRON MAN 2 Figure Revealed
Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)...
For a great selection of superhero action figures and collectibles, check out fine sponsors BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, ToyDorks.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, SmallJoes.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, Sekaido.com, and ShiflettBrothers.com..
For an amazing selection of original sculptures, statues, prints and DVDs be sure to check out ShiflettBrothers.com.
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.
After only one day of letting fans figure out their cryptic teaser image, Hot Toys pulls back the curtain on their latest 1:6th scale Iron Man 2 action figure: Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version).
This new version of the Mark II armor will feature:
* Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark II with part of the armors unleashed in the movie Iron Man 2
* Head sculpt with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle with helmet as Mark II in the movie
* Special features on armor:
- Metallic silver-colored painting on armor
- One (1) helmet with LED-lighted eyes (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) opened helmet
- LED-lighted micro ARC reactor on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) detachable chest armor with internal exoskeleton details
- One (1) pair of detachable biceps armor with internal exoskeleton details
- One (1) pair of detachable thighs armor with internal exoskeleton details
- One (1) left arm missile launcher
- One (1) right wrist gauntlet (as shield)
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
- AirBrake deployment system on left and right legs
- One (1) pair of LED-lighted interchangeable boots with internal exoskeleton details and leg support inside (white light, battery operated)
* Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of forceful fists
- Figure stand with Mark II nameplate and movie logo
- One (1) more additional square-shaped figure stand with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
* Release date: Q4, 2011
- Head Sculpted by Kojun- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, AG1 batteries (6 pieces) and AG9 (3 pieces) are required
**Battery not included for figure stand, 3A batteries (2 pieces) are required
Re: New IRON MAN 2 Figure Revealed
There's been quite an uproar about this figure from what I've seen, it appears people are annoyed at the fact that 'Nobody asked for this figure' and are just sick of seeing so many Iron man figures, especially when Hot Toys did the last model and people thought they had seen the end of it. I have to agree, it is very strange of Hot Toys to produce this figure when it isn't even one of the iconic ones people remember such as the red and gold models and even worse still is that this is a remake of a figure they have already produced. Hot Toys should concentrate of newer things, not repeating themselves with figures no one wants.
Re: New IRON MAN 2 Figure Revealed
Have to agree with you there. It's one thing to make variants of figures in the $8-$20 range. Another matter entirely when you're talking $200. It's got to be kind of maddening for those that bought the first Mark II... only to then see an even better one released later. I understand Hot Toys has to make the most out of the tooling for their Iron Man armor, but how many Iron Men do folks need? Time to lay Iron Man 2 to rest.