TF2011 - Pop Culture Goes POP!
Expanding beyond the bobble head...
Toy Fair 2011 coverage brought to you by the following fine sponsors: BigBadToyStore.com, Sekaido.com, and Collectibles Insurance.
Funko continues to charm collectors with their whimsical bobble heads, but the company showed at Toy Fair their plans to offer much more. Front and center was Funko's new line of super cute, super stylish series of POP! collectibles. Taking characters and personalities from rock 'n roll, hip hop, horror movies, Star Wars, DC, Marvel and more, POP! presents them in a new designer art toy format with big heads and big beady eyes. The POP! style will be offered in many formats, including adorable bobble heads and squat poseable figures.
Just some of the new POP! offerings include:
* STAR WARS
Wave 1: Vader, Chewbacca, Greedo, Yoda, Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Stormtrooper
Wave 2: Boba Fett, C-3P0, Gamorrean Guard, Jedi Luke, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul
* HALO: Spartan
* WIZARD OF OZ: Dorothy, Wicked Witch and Flying Monkey
* CLASSIC MOVIES: Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, Gremlin, Beetlejuice, and Gizmo
* ROCK/ HIP HOP: Elvis, Sid Vicious, Johnny ramone, Ozzy, KISS, Run-DMC, Public Enemy, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, and Notorious B/I/G.
* DC UNIVERSE: Hawkman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Two-Face, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Penguin, Joker, Riddler, Green Lantern, Superman, Flash, Robin and Batman
* CLASSIC MARVEL: Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Thing and Hulk
For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyDorks.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.