Countdown to TRON: LEGACY
Official 10-week countdown to unveil new TRON events, film content, more...
For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.
Walt Disney Studios announces the kickoff of the official 10-week countdown to the release of TRON: Legacy, which opens in theaters December 17, 2010. Every week for the next 10 weeks will roll out new TRON events, film content, products and announcements in preparation for the worldwide film launch, including:
* TRON Night: An IMAX 3D Experience: A special event on October 28 that will give audiences worldwide the first opportunity to step onto the Grid and into the 3D world of TRON: Legacy during a 20-plus-minute sneak peek of the anticipated film, sponsored by Asus Computer International. Tickets to the October 28th TRON Night events are free and will be distributed for US and Canadian screenings on a first-come, first-serve basis starting 10:00 a.m./PDT on the first "TRON Tuesday," October 12, 2010. Information for U.S. and Canadian ticketing can be found on Facebook.com/TRON.
* TRON Tuesdays: Every Tuesday for the next 10 weeks, exclusive new video and film content, including behind-the-scenes exclusives, trailers and artwork, will be released around the world online and through select broadcast outlets.
* TRON: Get on the Grid Sweepstakes: Features hundreds of prizes including a Grand Prize Trip for four to experience ElecTRONica, the new street celebration at Disney California Adventure Park. Details and official entry rules are available at Disney.com/TRONsweeps.
ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 10-WEEK COUNTDOWN:
* Walt Disney Records will release the TRON: Legacy official motion picture Soundtrack, scored by the French electronic music duo Daft Punk, on December 7th.
* In addition to new merchandise arriving to stores this month, Disney Consumer Products will debut new TRON: Legacy products and promotions, including a special line for women, a one-of-a-kind immersive retail destination for products and a unique gadget line for music and gaming fans.
* On December 7th, Disney Interactive Studios will launch the next-gen video
game TRON: Evolution for all major home video game consoles, Windows PC and handheld platforms.
* Disney Parks is celebrating TRON: Legacy with ElecTRONica, a nighttime street event at Disney California Adventure Park, featuring a dynamic visual- and music-based experience, a re-creation of Flynn's Arcade and an opportunity to see a special 3D preview of TRON: Legacy. ElecTRONica runs from now until April 2011 every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and nightly through the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods.
Information on all TRON activities can be found at Disney.com/TRON.
Source: Edited Disney PR