BATTLESHIP on Blu-ray August 28th
An exhilarating campaign to save mankind unfolds on the high seas...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "MovieManiacs.net" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, and ToyWiz.com.
An exhilarating campaign to save mankind unfolds on the high seas, in the skies and on land when Battleship – the entertaining, action-adventure made with unprecedented support of the US Navy – comes to Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand August 28th, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Also available through Digital Download.
Against all odds, a daring young naval officer and his heroic crew launch an all-out military showdown against a superior alien force in this enthralling, thrill-ride that will have viewers holding their breath through the final gripping face-off. Blu-ray's high-definition picture and perfect hi-def 5.1 surround sound provide the ultimate showcase to experience the film’s awe-inspiring special effects, non-stop action and ingenious weaponry. Almost two hours of exclusive bonus features including all-new featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage, filmmaker commentary and an exciting pre-visualization of an alternate ending make this a must-own disc for every movie fan.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack contains a Digital Copy of the film, compatible with iPhone, iTunes, iPad, iPod, iPod touch, Android and online retailer partners as well as UltraViolet. UltraViolet is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smart-phones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
Hasbro – makers of the Transformers and G.I. Joe franchises – joins with powerhouse filmmaker Peter Berg (Hancock, The Kingdom, Friday Night Lights) to create this thrilling film inspired by Hasbro’s popular naval combat game, Battleship. The film stars Taylor Kitsch (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, John Carter), Liam Neeson (The Grey, Taken), Alexander Skarsgård (HBO’s “True Blood,” Melancholia), global music superstar Rihanna in her motion-picture debut, Brooklyn Decker (Just Go With It), and Tadanobu Asano (Thor, upcoming 47 Ronin), with a supporting cast that includes Hamish Linklater (Fantastic Four), Jesse Plemons (NBC’s “Friday Night Lights”), and in his professional acting debut, U.S. Army Colonel Gregory D. Gadson, a battalion leader who lost both legs in Iraq in 2007.
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-ray
· Alternate Ending Pre-visualization with commentary by Peter Berg
· The Visual Effects of Battleship – From ground-breaking water-simulation programs to cutting-edge motion capture, see how the team at Industrial Light & Magic pushes the boundaries of visual effects to bring the aliens to life.
· All Access with Director Peter Berg – Join director Peter Berg as he gives fans an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
· USS Missouri VIP Tour – Come aboard the historic “Mighty Mo” for an exclusive tour with director Peter Berg and actual Navy veterans as they reveal some of the coolest facts and amazing action that has graced the decks of this legendary ship.
· Commander Pete – Watch as director Peter Berg energizes the cast and crew with his endless enthusiasm and relentless good humor.
· And with UNIVERSAL'S SECOND SCREEN, viewers canenjoy an innovative and interactive viewing experience, that allows them tocontrol, interact and explore Battleship with groundbreaking features right on a networked tablet or computer, in synchronization with the movie on the television screen! While the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Alien Tech 3D Model Turntable Explosions: During the movie, 3D models of the aliens and the shredder become available to the user to view at various angles. For instance, as the user turns the Regent Alien, the armor flies off in parts and then re-assembles. (Exclusive to Second Screen.)
- All Access with Director Peter Berg: Viewers get an all access look at the making of the film featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- Flick View: Interact with the movie, move content from the Tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other executing content by “Flicking” them from on their tablet to their TV screen, simply by gesturing their fingers upwards on their tablets.
· Digital Copy
· pocket BLU App
Bonus Features on Both the Blu-ray and DVD
· Preparing for Battle – Hear how Hollywood teamed up with the US Navy to transform a beloved board game into a big-screen blockbuster.
· All Hands on Deck: The Cast – Witness the actors getting into the military mindset and Navy veterans having their time in the spotlight in this salute to the people at the heart of the story.
· Engage in Battle
o Shooting at Sea – Experience thecrew taking on the daunting challenge of shooting on the open ocean on their “soundstage at sea.”
o All Aboard the Fleet – Cast and crew members share their experiences shooting on the ships, particularly the historic USS Missouri.
[ E-mail to a Friend - Discuss
in our Forums ]